REASONS FOR DELAYS
Delays are an integral part of the airline industry as they are with any form of transportation. Prior to leaving for the airport it is always worth checking via the airline website that the flight is on-time.
Passengers need to have an understanding of their rights and be informed of how to deal with the flight delay, schedule or cancellation. Having this knowledge can make all the difference to the flying experience.
There are multiple reasons of why flights can be delayed:
- Mechanical issues with the aircraft
- Weather issues
- Staffing issues due to delayed aircraft
- Airport problems
- Air traffic control & air congestion
- Late incoming aircraft
- Medical emergencies
- Oversale of seats
- Checked in passengers who miss boarding the flight
- Baggage issues
- Missing airport imposed curfews
For further information please see the following links: